E-Nini-Hassee helps girls fully realize the potential that already exists within them.
We focus on...
Helping girls develop accurate self-awareness is the foundation for long-lasting change and required for healthy relationships, academic accomplishments, effective decision-making and successful careers. To increase self-awareness, our students engage in a variety of therapeutic activities and reflective practices to discover what they do well and to evaluate their guiding principles, values and beliefs.
The E-Nini-Hassee approach is strength-based and child focused. We emphasize on increasing self-awareness and helping each girl develop effective problem solving, coping, communication and social skills to become a successful young woman.
Upon admission, each girl and her parents provide information on the problems, needs, strengths and goals they want to address. This input is coupled with formalized academic, social skills and mental health assessments that we administer to help us design an individualized master treatment plan for each girl.
We Believe In...
• Therapeutic Home Visits - Our girls go on home visits every six to eight weeks in order to show areas of progress and areas of continued growth. This enables the family to be a part of the therapeutic process. The girls get to practice their skills and return to the program to recognize necessary areas of growth. This model is very different from most programs.
• Individualized Treatment Plans - Because our girls come in with a variety of different needs, we ensure we highlight the areas of growth within their treatment plans. The length of stay is progress-based and the treatment plans are reviewed and edited monthly to ensure success.
• Family Involvement - We include parents/guardians throughout the process. They assist in the treatment planning process and can participate in Parent Workshops, a therapeutic Parent Weekend, and Family Sessions. The girls check in with their parents/guardians monthly, either through home visits or phone calls.
• Group Therapy - Our girls learn from each other; because of their experiences, they can relate and understand each other, which helps them to build confidence and empower one another. We believe common humanity enhances their ability to see and be seen.
• Evidence-based therapeutic programs -We use programs such as Seeking Safety, Voices, and 8 to Great to demonstrate best practices in self-esteem and substance abuse issues.
• Positive Role Modeling - Our Youth Counselors and all of our staff practice what we preach. Our counselors are in group five days a week, 24 hours a day, we do not have shift work. This helps the girls understand that they are not alone.
• Consistency & Relationship Building - Unlike other programs, our staff works around the clock to provide genuine connections and reconstruct similar parental roles. We have successfully demonstrated that positive role modeling is one of the most powerful tools for young women.
Call us at (352)726-3883 for more information